Thursday, September 25, 2008

A bath. . .no . . . a pool party in the tub!!!!

So, I just had an amusing adventure that I thought I should share :)
Casey and Koko are doing well together. It's been a lot of work training Casey, but Koko is a great help!!
Today is my day off from the hospital, filled with the typical laundry, cleaning, errands, and today's adventure. . . washing the dogs.
I started out with Koko, outside with the hose. I have been bathing her once a week since we came to Las Vegas this way, and she has handled it pretty well (she doesn't like to be wet, especially doesn't like to have her feet wet!!) So Koko, the hose, the soap, and Casey watching was the plan. The second Koko started getting wet, Casey thought he needed to be wet also, so he started jumping over Koko through the water from the hose. Well with a little tactic and body blocking (I knew my big butt would come in handy for somthing!!), Koko was bathed and clean. I thought Casey would be a "cake walk" since he loves water so much. HA! He likes water, but he doesn't like to be clean!!! I got him wet and he was fine, but the second the soap touched him he headed for the mud we had made in the grass with the hose water. So instead of being yellow he was quite brown and yellow streaked. After a couple more attempts, without much luck (Casey is as strong as I am and a spazz which adds to the challenge!), I decided to put his leash on and try the bath tub technique. Well Casey LOVES!!!! the bath tub!!! I was standing outside the tub trying to calm him down so I could get him clean. He wiggles way tooooooo much, so I stepped into the tub to try to hold him still between my knees. All I did was step in the tub and he calmed down. With both of us sopping wet and soapy, Koko (remember she doesn't like to be wet), became jealous and decided to come join us in the tub. A POOL PARTY IN THE BATH TUB!!!! I wish someone was here to have taken pictures!! At first I was getting frustrated with the whole situatioin, but then I just started playing with them. Yes I had a huge mess to clean up when we were done, but it was well worth it!! Maybe next time we just need to get a kiddie pool out in the back yard for the three of us. Then I won't have to mop up all the water and wash twice as many towels!!
Here's the clean product:

4 comments:

Melissa Bond Davis said...

They are so cute! I wish Indy was that easy to bathe, or that fun! I'm so glad you guys got the house, YAY!!!!

Sami said...

Sounds like an adventure I'd have with my kids. It's not always easy to find the fun in every situation, but if you look, it's usually there. Thanks for the story. Great reminder of always looking to the positive.

Allison said...

Congrats on the house! And good job with the pups! That's always a hassle. And I'm proud of you for turning something that could be so annoying into something good. I'd been having a hard time of that for a while, but just recently I've been making an effort to do better at finding positives. It's amazing how much better it can make the situation or your day or the week even!
We miss you guys loads! If you ever want to talk (or have any time to, you sound pretty busy) I'm not working yet so most of my afternoons are free!

Sami said...

I've missed not reading an update. Hope all is well in Vegas.

Hugs,

Sami Thompson