Monday, February 9, 2009

Yankee Doodle isn't coming to town. . .but our little girl is!!

Today was our official ultrasound. . . we are having a girl!!! Just one :) We are excited!! Kyle couldn't wait for the appointment to finish to tell EVERYONE!! After the ultrasound, I went to the bathroom, and half the people in his address book knew before I was done. I dropped Kyle off at work, went to the store and ran into a couple of the girls he works with and they already knew because he had posted it on Facebook!! We are both excited to have her here. Next task, pick a name :) Too bad for Kyle. . . It's not a boy so he can't try for Yankee Doodle any more! We are due July 4, 2009 so Kyle's still rooting for a patriotic name. Any suggestions??

I am feeling much better. I haven't thrown up in a week, but now I have an insatiable appetite!! If it keeps up, I will easily gain back the 25 pounds I lost at the beginning of the pregnancy!

10 comments:

Melissa Bond Davis said...

You could name her Liberty Belle! I got that from Juno, but it would still be just as fun as Yankee Doodle.

also great american females: Susan B. Anthony, Betsy Ross, Rosa Parks... the list is endless!!

bzmom24 said...

Hurray! How exciting! By the way, take a look at that tip of the week at the side of your blog! Not doing so well on that this week, are you?!

Stacey said...

Martha Washington. According to new information, she was a total babe.

Sami said...

A GIRL!! How fun. Girls are popular right now. Everyone I know is pregnant with a girl or just had one. I am so excited for you. Girls are great and lots of fun. Good luck with the name.

Allison said...

At first when I saw that you were taking name suggestions and I was offended! Then I realized it was probably just out of formality...letting people feel involved. Because we all know that your baby is going to be named one of two things: 1) Allison Timothy Hansen OR 2) Allisimothy Hansen. I remember how much you two loved those names!

Allison said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kyle Hansen said...

Ms. Thelin:

Please note that while we appreciate your name suggestions, especially Allisimothy, they really do not meet our requirement that the baby, if born on July 4, have a patriotic name. We will keep your name suggestion on file in case we should ever have need of your services with a future child.

Thank you again for your comment. Please don't call us, we'll call you.

Sincerely,
The Management

Allison said...

Dear Sir and Madam Hansen,

Although I appreciate your need for a patriotic name, might I point out that naming your daughter Allisimothy is a very proactive action. Timothy and myself (making Allisimothy) will be doing something awesomely patriotic in the future.

By naming your daughter Allisimothy, you will be seen as original and even seem insightful. At the time, did anyone realize how much of an impact Rosa Parks would have on this country? No, they didn't.

If you file the name Allisimothy away for a future child, then you and your child will not be individual due to the fact that every little girl will be named Allisimothy...it's like the time when all the girls were named Brittany and all the boys were named Jason.

Sincerely your dear friend and inspiration;

MRS. Allison Thelin

Unknown said...

Congratulations you guys!! How fun!! Happy to see you are feeling better- Oh- and that insatiable appetite, sorry!! Pretty much if i saw it I wanted it, including commercials, pictures, hearing it on the radio, driving past, I hope you can resist the urge better than me!!

Stephie said...

Hi! It's Steph of "Steph and Lu" lol We think "Glory" is very cute...