Monday, August 18, 2008

Opportunities to share my beliefs. . .

Today during orientation at work I was chatting with another nurse who just moved here from New York. We were talking about where we were born and where we have traveled. . . I ran into the typical conversation of. . .
"So where were you born?"
"Salt Lake City"
"Really?!? So are you one of them?"
"One of what?"
"You know, one of them. . . one of the Mormons?"
"Yes I am!! Why do you ask?? Do you know other Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints??"
The conversation ensued with lots of questions. . . .
Through the course of the conversation I shared quite a few of the basics of our beliefs. During our lunch break I took her to the computer lab and showed her the Mormon.org website. As she was looking through it and asking questions, I ran into another awesome website about Jesus Christ (http://jesus.christ.org/index.php) not necessarily sanctioned by the church, but has some really amazing videos and photography! Go check it out!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Hey Look! "Suzanne C Hansen" It's like you have a middle initial. Isn't that fun!

dlkenney said...

Hello, this is Daphne. I accidentally ran across your blog and I think you are quite the traveler. Looks like fun.